Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cheesy Seafood Gratin

Need some good meat-free recipes now that Lent is here?  This one was outstanding!  This would be such a treat for your family or dinner guests lucky enough to have it.  It makes 4 servings.
I really can't say enough good things about it.  It was creamy and filling and just excellent.  This was a recipe I got a few weeks ago from the Publix ad.  The original recipe called for two small lobster tails, but I don't have a clue how to cook those, so I just loaded up on shrimp.  It also called for a can of cream of shrimp soup, but I used cream of mushroom and had great results.  The recipe below reflects that. 

The recipe also calls for 10 ounces of lobster bisque, and I used a container of Publix's bisque.  I don't know that I've noticed or seen this at other grocery stores (a la Winn Dixie or Walmart); then again, if you have a Whole Foods or Central Market another wonderfully fancy grocery store nearby, you can probably find something very similar. 

Try this!  I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.

Cheesy Seafood Gratin

2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
8 oz rotini pasta
0.8 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 oz) container lobster bisque
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tsp grill seasoning

Preheat oven to 375.  Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.  Heat a large saute pan over medium.  Cook shrimp until cooked through and no longer pink, 3-4 minutes. 

Combine cheese, soup, bisque, pasta, and shrimp min a large bowl until blended; tranfer to a 2-qt baking dish.  Sprinkle bread crumbs across the top of the mixture, and dot with butter.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment